Prosper Your Family

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homemade bread


Last week I re-posted this blog posting by The Frugal Girl and received a warning...oops I never intended to do anything wrong! Actually I provided her name and included a link to her blog. Still think it is a great article so this time I'll just include a link

The conclusion is that home made bread is cheaper (only if you do not include labor) but the most important thing is that it is healthier because you have power over the ingredients.

I love fresh made bread, but I do not like the work, so I looked for a soda bread recipe that does not require kneading the dough ( a good exercize I admit)or raising time. This recipe is very easy and the result was awesome!

Spelt bread is not gluten free, but easier to digest than wheat and very good for low carb eaters. You can read more about spelt here

I made half of the recipe, just one loaf. The recipe has many great reviews and suggestions for adding things and improvements. I added a little honey as well as the molasses and a pinch more salt. Great with Winter soups!

No comments: